The Gundrum Service was started in 1919, by George & Loretta Gundrum. First located at 208 David Street in South Amboy, then moving to 112 South Broadway around 1921. The old sign is still engraved in the building on South Broadway today. The Gundrum Service then moved to it's permanent location in 1946 at 237 Bordentown Avenue, South Amboy.
When George Gundrum died in 1933 his wife Loretta continued to run the business, hiring several different men to manage the business until her son George Gundrum became licensed in 1948.
George Gundrum ran the business for many years until retiring in 1996. His son William Gundrum also became licensed.
George's nephew Hugh Rone became licensed in 1977 after serving 4 years in the U.S. Navy. He became owner of the business in 1996.
His daughter Ryan Moran entered the business in 2009.